www.TheCrystalSound.com

www.TheCrystalSound.com
Shopping Online with Competitive price

thecrystalsound

Korean Movie Drama OST Winter Sonata

One of the first Korean serials that I watched. Of course this was also the serial that got me interested in Bae Yong Joon. Having watched a few more Korean love stories after "Winter Sonata", I'm beginning to wonder if Koreans are extreme people (sorry, this is not meant to demean the Koreans). From the serials that I've watched so far, they're either very very good or really really bad. Very sadistic and cruel.

Thanks to Bae and the lovely winter scenes, this serial is watch-able. However, the ending is like one viewer said, "blah". Why can't love stories end happily? Why must there be a downside to lovers who have suffered already? Really, I beg you, Korean scriptwriters, producers and directors, not to twist our hearts until there is no more joy and optimism in us. Let's get realistic. Viewers need a balance - so if we have been crying buckets earlier on in the show, let us at least have a memorable happy ending.

Choi Ji Woo is pretty in "Winter Sonata" but since this review comes after I've just completed viewing her other serial, Stairway to Heaven, I could not help but think she lacks varied expressions. She has this very sad, and sometimes bland-looking, face with a slight smile. This may not put her in good stead since the roles she can play are then limited. If I see that face again, I'm going to think: Oh no, not another sad show. Well, I sure hope to change my view of her acting ability.

Bae, needless to say, is a heart stealer. He has this face that suits glasses. Well done, Bae! I hope to see more of you.

No comments: